This discussion is focused on a very important aspect of presenting research – the introduction and purpose statement. These two elements should advise the readers of your scholarly work what you intend to share with them, as well as the importance and context of your work. In your initial post, address the following:
- Discuss the importance of the introduction to a study.
- What is the deficiency model of an introduction? Discuss how using this model when writing the introduction to a study or proposal may set the stage for the reader.
- Discuss the importance of framing the study within existing literature when writing the introduction.
- Describe the elements that constitute a good qualitative purpose statement.
- Discuss the importance of addressing the variables in a quantitative purpose statement.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.