Things to Consider:
Break Assignment down – understand the points and purpose of assignment
News brief or memo- include a 1. heading, 2. summary statement, 3. background, and 4. recommendations.
**It will take at least 2-3 pages of written content to effectively answer the questions presented.
Chapter material and concepts applied should achieve the following objectives:
- Analyze and apply the concepts of ethical decision making, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility. SEE Ch. 2
- Analyze and evaluate the employment-at-will doctrine and the statutory protections afforded employees. SEE Ch. 16
- Analyze and evaluate laws and regulations relative to product safety, liability and representations. SEE Ch. 13
Questions to address in Memo/Brief:
- Summarize the main principles of agency.
- Explain Agency Relationship
> Define principal – agent
>Examine liability: Principal – Agent
…..and so on
2. Analyze the circumstances under which Uber might be liable for the conduct of its drivers.
Requires internet research
- Explain role ofUber, and its drivers
- Apply Agency relationship – theory, to the Uber – Driver concept …and so on
- Are drivers employees or contractors? Which impacts issues and theories of liability; examine this.
3. Identify the steps Uber can take, if any, to limit its legal exposure for the conduct of its drivers.
>risk assessment – Duty [legal & ethical]
> liability; what practices can minimize/reduce legal and ethical liability to stakeholders – drivers, customers, etc.
>based upon an overall construct of the agency theory, how best should this relationship be formed to reduce company exposure