TOPIC: Analysis of Research II
In this course, we began to move toward the concept of the literature review, an important element of the dissertation process. As you have learned, synthesis is the process of creating a new idea by analyzing multiple disparate concepts or notions to discern the common thematic or connecting principles among them. Synthesis of research is a process learned through time and practice.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: In this assignment, you will continue to analyze research. Instead of approaching the research articles as individual entities, you should COMPARE, ANALYZE, EVALUATE, and SYNTHESIZE the information you are reading.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Review five journal articles found in Topics 4-6 of this course.
Morris, S. B., Daisley, R. L., Wheeler, M., & Boyer, P. (2015). A Meta-Analysis of the Relationship Between Individual Assessments and Job Performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(1), 5-20. doi: 10.1037/a0036938. URL: https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bth&AN=100434474&site=ehost-live&scope=site
Cooper, S. E., & O’Connor, R. M., Jr. (1993). Standards for Organizational Consultation Assessment and Evaluation Instruments. Journal of Counseling & Development, 71(6), 651–660. URL: https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=9308177189&site=ehost-live&scope=site
Johnson, J. W. (2001).The relative importance of task and contextual performance dimensions to supervisor judgments of overall performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 86, 984-996. URL:https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bth&AN=12128489&site=ehost-live&scope=site
Performance appraisal: verisimilitude trumps veracity. Askew School of Public Administration and Politics, Florida State University, 620 Bellamy Building, Tallahassee, FL 32306-2032. Public Personnel Management (PUBLIC PERS MANAGE), Winter99; 28(4): 557-576. (20p) Journal Article – tables/charts. https://web-a-ebscohost-com.lopes.idm.oclc.org/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=1&sid=de5a8993-d9fd-4041-a278-d0f8edd83f77%40sdc-v-sessmgr02 http://dx.doi.org.lopes.idm.oclc.org/10.1177/009102609902800406
The validity and utility of selection methods in personnel psychology: Practical and theoretical implications of 85 years of research findings. Psychological Bulletin, Vol 124(2), Sep, 1998. pp. 262-274. Psychol Bull: American Psychological Association
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· Refer to the resource, “Preparing Annotated Bibliographies,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
· Refer to the sample annotated bibliography attached to this assignment. ATTACHED
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Provide an evaluation (750-1,000 words total) of at least five journal articles from Topics 4-6 of this course. Include the following for each article:
1. The article citation, which is not included in the total word count.
2. A written summary of the key concept(s) of the articles. Consider the following questions: Why were the studies done? What were the populations studied? What did the researcher(s) conclude? How are the research questions or findings similar/different? What other information about these studies do you believe is unique or important to recall? Are there specific statements made by the authors that you wish to retain? How might these articles compare with others you read? What new ideas can come out of the articles you are evaluating?
Read Chapters 9 and 10.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more