This is a group project I just have to do my half.
This assignment requires me to research a charity organization, we will retrieve information form that organization online including photos from that organization, we will then write about each point listed in the rubric (also attached at the bottom) out of the perspective from the organization.
Here is a list of the points to be addressed by each of us:
Address the following in the presentation:
1. Identification of team members. JUST MAKE UP 4 NAMES AND I WILL CORRECT THEM WHEN COMPLETE
2. Explanation of why I selected the particular opportunity.
3. Description of how I served the individual or community, including the amount of time.
4. Explanation of how the Greenleaf questions were met. “GREENLEAF “as you reflect on your service project experience: “The difference manifests itself in the care taken by the servant-first to make sure that other people’s highest priority needs are being served. The best test, and difficult to administer, is as followed:
5. Do those served grow as persons?
6. Do they, while being served, become healthier, wiser, freer, more autonomous, more likely themselves to become servants?
7. And, what is the effect on the least privileged in society? Will they benefit or at least not be further deprived.”
8. Identify which servant leadership skills were used to influence others and how.
9. Description of other significant takeaways.
10. Pictures taken during the service projects. “Pictures from the site or associated with the work. ”
Also, here are the rubric points that will be graded. FOCUS POINTS!!!
Opportunity- An explanation of how the particular opportunity was selected is thorough and well-integrated. Supporting material of exceptional quality and quantity is provided.
Area Served- A description of how you served the individual or community, including the amount of time, is thorough and well-integrated. Supporting material of exceptional quality and quantity is provided.
Greenleaf- An explanation of how you met the Greenleaf questions is thorough and well-integrated. Supporting material of exceptional quality and quantity is provided.
Servant Leadership Skills- An explanation of how servant leadership skills were used is thorough and well-integrated. Supporting material of exceptional quality and quantity is provided.
Takeaways- A description of significant takeaways is thorough and well-integrated. Supporting material of exceptional quality and quantity is provided.
Pictures- Pictures taken during the service project, including group pictures and individual pictures, are thorough and well-integrated.
Peer Evaluation- Evaluations of self and team members are thorough and provide insightful and well-justified explanations of performance. (Remember, this is for you to submit to Professor Saldana in the Private forum, it is anonymous, but please do not forget about it as it will also reflect your own grade)
Layout- The layout is visually pleasing and contributes to the overall message with appropriate use of headings, subheadings, and white space. Text is appropriate in length for the target audience and to the point. The background and colors enhance the readability of the text. (each us may choose their own layout as this will reflect on the charity chosen and your personality as well, I will only compile it into one big PowerPoint!)
Language Use and Audience Awareness (includes sentence construction, word choice, etc.)- The writer uses a variety of sentence constructions, figures of speech, and word choice in distinctive and creative ways that are appropriate to purpose, discipline, and scope.
Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)- Writer is clearly in control of standard, written, academic English. (we may help each other out in the Google Slide document in real time if we see a mistake, or we can leave a comment on the side for the “author” of that slide to work on it, however, we do not change a person’s entire text or slide…only grammar or spelling mistakes!)
Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style)- Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error. (this is supposed to be in APA style, do not forget to add your references preferably on the last slide in alphabetically order)
***Also, we need to add speaker notes at the bottom of each slides where we will explain the slides in our own words!