1) George Clinton and Parliament utilized business and artistic concepts from both James Brown and glam rock acts. How did this provide a unique approach to funk music? Are they influential to later acts? Are they still influential?
2) Corporate rock artists realized the potential for maximizing popularity by doing stadium tours rather than smaller, concert halls. How did that increase the perception of living the “rock star lifestyle”?
3) “Show Me the Way” by Peter Frampton is from the first “big album” sales-wise,Frampton Comes Alive. Given his background, how is this a departure from his previous band experience? What instrumentation is used that sounds new in this recording? How does his vocal delivery correspond to the lyrical content?
4) “More Than a Feeling” by Boston is an example of blending blues-rock with progressive rock. How does the instrumentation add to the ebb and flow of the song? Where do believe the “hook” of the song begins? Elaborate.
5) Album Oriented Radio (AOR) represents a major shift in strategy for rock music in general. In spite of this focus on “big album” sales, some of the most popular rock music of the 70’s comes during this time period, including albums like Rumours, Hotel California, and artists such as Queen, Rush, Heart, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Seeger, Boston, Foreigner, Kansas, ELO and Journey. What is your position on the involvement of corporations in art? Elaborate. Does it affect your opinion of these artists or music?
max 300 words