Write an essay of 750-1,000 words in which you:
1. Describe the structure and function of the electoral college.
- How and when was it created in the U.S.?
- Why was it created, and by whom?
2. Compare the electoral college to a popular vote approach for elections.
- How does the electoral college system operate/function?
- What are consequences of using an electoral college system versus a popular vote? Use the 2000 presidential election as an example.
3. Assess the value of an individual citizen’s vote under the electoral college system.
- Why does the U.S. still use the electoral college for presidential elections today?
Utilize the required readings, academic websites, and the GCU Library as resources for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
i just need about 500 : Assignment Essays