Book Review Outline Citizen Coke: The Making of Coca-Cola Capitalism
- Due by 9:30am October, 30, 2016
- Points 25
Submit a detailed outline of your book review (min 2 pages)
Outlines are useful strategies for organizing your thoughts and preparing to transfer your research to narrative form. This is typically one of the first steps writers use in the writing process. This outline will help me get a sense that you are on the right track moving forward with your paper. It will also prepare you to contribute a critical, analytical perspective to the group portions of your project. This outline is preparation for the remainder of the project and will likely change by the time you write your review.
At minimum, your outline should do the following (in no particular order):
1. Identify the thesis (or theses) of the book
2. Identify the author and their background
3. Lay out the narrative of the work
4. Make an argument why this IS (or isn’t) a global history. This is the most important part of the assignment because this is where you can add your OWN thesis. You can do this in a number of different ways. For instance, you can note possible connections between dominant themes/events from class and those of your book. If your book covers a more modern period that we have not discussed, think broadly about possible connections between the work and material from class.
5. Note the greatest strengths of the work
6. Note Weaknesses