To prepare for this assignment, read the article Balanced Literacy: Practical Strategies to Help You Build a Truly Balanced Classroom Literacy Program (Links to an external site.) and pages 5-12 of the joint position statement Technology and Interactive Media as Tools in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth Through Age 8 (Links to an external site.) (Strickland, n.d.; National Association for the Education of Young Children & Fred Rogers Center, 2012).
Your presentation should be a five- to six-slide PowerPoint
Be sure to include the following in your presentation:
- Evaluate the key considerations in a balanced literacy approach.
- Describe the instructional approaches you will use to teach (e.g., reading, writing, speaking and listening, and language on a daily basis, etc.). Provide a rationale.
- Support how your plan aligns with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) or your individual state standards. Use cited evidence from Common Core State Standards Initiative (Links to an external site.) or your state education website to support this portion of your assignment.
- Justify how your plan explicitly incorporates language across the curriculum. Include strategies for teaching students with limited English proficiency.
- Explain how your plan incorporates the 21st-century requirement for children to be technoliterate. Cite evidence from the joint position statement of the Technology and Interactive Media as Tools in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth Through Age 8 (Links to an external site.) to support this section of your paper.